The benefits of our group purchasing program include:
- Lower employer and employee costs, trend reduction, and risk mitigation
- Collaborative member-driven vendor procurement process
- Built in market checks and annual audits and clinical reviews
- Plan-specific pricing and performance guarantees
- Member ownership of plan design and strategy
- Actionable research, data, and strategies
In addition, group purchasing has afforded our members the opportunity to drive innovation. Most recently our members collaborated with UHC, an endorsed vendor, to create a custom clinical outreach model that included the calculation of SDoH risk and health disparities. They also authorized a clinical audit of high-cost specialty clinical management programs that validates PBM performance, identifies opportunities for improvement, and provides employers with actionable recommendations.