Winnings were generously donated to three local schools
School leaders, healthcare benefits decision makers, and healthcare professionals gathered to participate in the 4th Annual Healthy Kids Golf Outing on Monday, September 25th at NorthStar Golf Club in Sunbury, Ohio. The fun fall day was active, including, lunch, refreshments, hole challenges, raffle prizes and of course, healthy competition that was powered by Health Action Council and their Healthy Kids Initiative.
As the day concluded, the top three teams were announced, who generously donated their $500 winnings to the following schools: Chesapeake High School (Chesapeake, Ohio); River View Local Schools (Warsaw, Ohio); and Chippewa Local Schools (Doylestown, Ohio).
“Not only do we raise awareness for improved health and wellness for children, but also provide a day of fun competition,” said Patty Starr, President & CEO of Health Action Council. “We are so grateful for our generous champions, who donated their winnings to local schools, which is a win for all!”
The winners of the outing were:
- 1st place: Greg Sullivan, Tyler Marcum, Evan Hall, and Bryan Ward
- 2nd place: Dan Leffingwell, Chuck Rinkes, Adam Pittis, and Dave Adams
- 3rd place: Drew Conyers, Scott Moyer, Todd Osborn, and Matt Rodriguez
Challenge winners and prizes included:
- James Harmon won the closest to pin competition and received a Bluetooth speaker, sponsored by Bend.
- David Buzzard won the longest putt competition and received a backpack and golf balls set, sponsored by UnitedHealthcare.
- Harold Gottke won the longest drive competition and received a stadium blanket set provided by Health Action council.
- The pink ball team winner consisted of Melissa Arnold, Bill Cotton, Mike Gittelman, and Kriste Kotten from the American Academy of Pediatrics, Ohio Chapter. They received duffle bags, sponsored by CVS Health.
The outing supports the Health Action Council Healthy Kids Initiative to promote improved health and wellness for children, schools, and communities. Thank you to our golf outing sponsors Bend, Chesrown, CVS Health, UnitedHealthcare, CBIZ, Headspace, ProVia, and Wellthy.
Health Action Council created the Healthy Kids Campaign to engage students and their families, employers, schools, and communities in promoting improved health and wellness. Our goal is to encourage childhood preventable disease vaccinations, increase annual well-child visits, keep kids active, promote healthy nutrition, and enhance health literacy.
About Health Action Council
Health Action Council is a not-for-profit 501(c)(6) organization representing mid and large-size employers that enhances human and economic health through thought leadership, innovative services, and collaboration. It provides value to its members by facilitating projects that improve the quality and moderate the cost of healthcare purchased by its members for their employees, dependents, and retirees. Health Action Council also collaborates with key stakeholders - health plans, physicians, hospitals, and the pharmaceutical industry - to improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare in the community.