The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland is searching for a Benefits Coordinator. Please encourage qualified candidates to submit an application by December 20.
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. Under the current leadership of the Most Reverend Nelson J. Perez, Bishop of Cleveland, it is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. The diocese encompasses the Ohio counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 670,000 Catholics in the diocese, and Catholic Charities-Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 111 Catholic schools, and one mission and one pastoral center in the diocese.
The Diocese of Cleveland sponsors a healthcare plan that supports nearly 10,000 members and has an annual budget of approximately $60 million. Healthcare benefits are available to employees and family members of Diocesan organizations, as well as other Catholic entities that operate within the eight-county footprint.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under general supervision, the candidate will provide assistance with the administration of diocesan benefits which include health, pension, life, and short-term disability. The candidate will assist in the continued implementation of software and database programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data entry, database management, monthly invoicing, generating and analyzing reports, answering calls, mailings and special projects.
- High-level knowledge of and efficiency in using the benefits administration software system for all facets of benefits coordination.
- Accurately and efficiently enter health benefits enrollments/changes into the software system
- Process health coverage terminations and extended coverage letters
- Resolve administrative issues with carrier representatives
- Gather data, generate reports, and conduct basic analysis of data and reports for recommendations, improvements, and achieving best practices
- Perform quality checks of benefits-related data
- Maintain and track spousal surcharge database
- Process premium incentive, working spouse surcharge documentation, and other benefits forms
- Post receivables from health invoice payments in benefits software
- Possess the knowledge and expertise to comprehensively explain the benefits plans to employers and employees and respond to specific questions from all stakeholders
- Assist with processing HSA employer contributions
- Compose and distribute written communications to employees, dependents, clergy, and religious on the health plan who are approaching age 65
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems
- Assist in coordinating and completing annual or special projects
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the values, mission, and ministry of the Catholic Church and the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
- Associate’s degree or certification in human resources, business management, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Significant professional experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Familiarity with integrated database systems for benefits administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately doing detail-oriented work
- Must be willing and able to work as a team member and exhibit flexibility with regards to assigned tasks
- Must be able to keep organized while handling and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn job-related material primarily through on-the-job instruction.
- Three to five years of experience in an employee benefits administration/human resources-related environment
- Three to five years of experience with health insurance vendors, benefits plans, claims processing, and claims resolution
- Demonstrated success with technology implementation and process evolution in employee benefits or similar environment preferred
- Must pass a background check and adhere to Standards of Conduct for employees of the Diocese of Cleveland.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and completed Catholic Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to [email protected]. In the subject line please enter: “Benefits Coordinator Application Materials.” A formal review of all complete submitted materials to select candidates for the interview will begin on December 20. The position will remain open until filled.