The Critical Role Social Determinants of Employment Play in Your Workforce


The Critical Role Social Determinants of Employment Play in Your Workforce

By Kevin Gregory, VP of Business Solutions, Health Action Council

Health experts recognized that only 10% to 20% of a person’s health is determined by what happens in the hospital or doctor’s office, leaving 80% to 90% to other variables, primarily based on a person’s social circumstance.

Despite decades of employer investment in physical and financial wellness benefits for employees, costs for these programs will continue to rise unless employers embrace a dramatic change in approach.  

Employers have an opportunity to shift from reactionary cost containment to a proactive approach by looking at cost drivers typically ignored in the workforce called social determinants of employment.

FOUR FREE RESOURCES that can help:

  1. DOWNLOAD our insight entitled Untapped Areas of Opportunity for Employers: Social Determinants of Employment and our latest whitepaper Finding the Uncommon: Revealing Disparities in Care and Prescribing for Common Conditions.

  2. REGISTER for our webinar Whole Person/Whole Community Approach to Employee Health and Wellbeing to better understand how to mitigate risks associated with where employees are born, live, work and play. Learn how to mitigate those issues and support employee health and wellbeing.

  3. PARTICIPATE in our Summer Step It Up Challengea turnkey step program that works to engage employees in a fun, healthy competition. Get the details on how to register a team before Friday, June 4.

  4. WATCH the quick video below featuring myself and colleague Rick Westfall, Education Leader from Health Action Council as we discuss the issue and share examples of what organizations are dealing with across the country

If you have any questions related to social determinants of employment or would like to discuss other issues in your organization, please send us an email or call 216-328-2300.

Posted: 4/19/2021 6:36:58 PM
Ready to take control of your employee healthcare & benefits costs?