A Proactive Emotional Health Model

 
Friday February 28, 2020
12:00pm - 1:00pm EST
Webinar
Register Here

Hosted by Jennifer Hunter, CEO, emVitals

​Shifting from reactive behavioral healthcare to a proactive emotional health model is the key to managing the rising human and business costs of mental health and substance abuse. Engaging more employees in emotional health support services early is the most important long-term solution to prevention and early identification of mental illness. Only 40% of people with a mental health or substance use disorder receive treatment in any given year, leaving 60% to struggle without care. Although effective treatments exist for most behavioral health conditions, people wait an average of 10 years before seeking care or never seek care. The national burden of mental illness continues to expand, generating considerable costs for individuals and society.


Learning Objectives Include:

- Description of the principles and steps to achieving emotional health prevention
- Explanation of the disease process of mental health conditions, why early identification is critical to health and morbidity
- Explanation of the nature of emotional health, which is determined by complex factors such as life events, social support, and perceived stress, interacting on multiple levels.

For Health Action Council Members Only
1 SHRM and 1 HRCI Credit Pending

Register Here
Ready to take control of your healthcare & benefits related costs?
Enhancing BusinessEnlightening LivesEnriching Communities

Health Action Council Headquarters

6133 Rockside Rd Suite 210, Cleveland, OH 44131
(216) 328-2200

Connect With Us

Newsletter: Quick Sign-up